Who is ready for the Toy Story Mania dash? It happens each morning at Disney’s Hollywood Studio. This attraction opened in 2008 and the lines have always been long. On most days, Fastpasses have run out by 11:00am. Standby line waits typically run 120+ minutes an hour after park opening.
Here is a quick tip to ensure your family rides this favorite attraction twice.
1. Line up at the opening gate at least 20 minutes before park opening.
2. Designate a Fast Pass runner in your family (preferably someone who only wants to ride once). After entering the park, give all park tickets to the Fast Pass Runner.
3. Follow the crowd of people walking very briskly to Toy Story Mania. Disney will have Castmembers stationed throughout the area to direct traffic and keep everyone safe.
4. The Fast Pass Runner stands in line to obtain Fastpasses for later use. All other family members GET IN the standby line. You will be amazed at the number of people just wanting Fastpasses and forgetting they can just enter the standby line and ride.
5. Make sure you designate a meeting place. It usually takes my family about 30 minutes to get through the standby line. I head to Starring Rolls for a nice latte while I wait for them to find me. Others might want to take advantage of the Tower of Terror or Rock’n Roller Coaster.